The exclusive special model for the Mercedes-AMG G 63. With new AMG 5.3 cm (21-inch) light-alloy wheels, a stainless steel underride guard and AMG sports stripes on the sides - it doesn’t come more dynamic than this. In the interior: sporty ambience with two-tone seats with side bolsters in carbon leather, AMG carbon-fibre trim.
• Underride guard in stainless steel
• AMG sports stripes on the sides
• Insert in the exterior protective strips in dark aluminium look
• 53.3 cm (21-inch) 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, matt black, with a high-sheen rim flange, optional for Mercedes-AMG G 63
• Upper door panel in smooth carbon leather, door pull in nappa leather, diamond-design seat and door centre panels in designo colour
• Seat Comfort package
• Two-tone seats with side bolsters in carbon leather (contrasting topstitching in black, porcelain or light brown), upholstery in a choice of designo leather in black/black, porcelain/black or light brown/black
• designo Exclusive package
• AMG carbon-fibre trim
The following features are common for the ‘Edition 463’ edition and Mercedes-AMG G 63:
Comfort and Convenience
• COMAND Online
- COMAND Online comes equipped with a 20.3-cm (8-inch) high resolution display screen and features hard-disc based navigation system with 3 years free map updates
• Harman Kardon® Logic 7 surround sound system
- Carefully matched technical components and Logic 7 technology from Harman Kardon guarantee unmistakably authentic surround sound. Passengers in all seats enjoy an enthralling 360-degree sound experience for both stereo and also 5.1 multi-channel recordings from 12 high-performance speakers.
• Parking package
- The parking package with reverse camera and PARKTRONIC plays an important part in making parking a safe and easy process. The PARKTRONIC parking aid monitors the front and rear end when manoeuvring and gives a warning if the risk of a collision is detected.The reversing camera is switched on automatically when reverse gear is selected. It shows the area behind the car in the COMAND Online display.
• Headlamp Assist
- The Bi-xenon headlamps on Mercedes - AMG G 63 ‘Crazy Colour’ Edition
feature Headlamp Assist system that switches the low-beam headlamps on or off depending on the surrounding light conditions, without the driver having to intervene.
In an accident
During a collision, the airbags help to protect the head and torso of the driver, front passenger and rear passengers. In addition they stabilize the entire body. This can reduce the risk of severe injuries in an accident.
- Front airbags for the driver and front passenger, with seat occupancy sensor
- Window bags protect the head area of the occupants on the outer seats
- Side-bags for driver and front passenger
- Pelvis bags for driver and front passenger in the seat backrests are able to offer additional protection in the area of the chest and pelvic in the event of a side impact
• NECK-PRO luxury head restraint
-Crash-responsive NECK-PRO luxury head restraints provide greater protection for occupants in the event of a rear impact and help to reduce the risk of a whiplash injury.
• Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
-Continuous monitoring of the tyre pressures improves driving safety and increases the operating life of the tyres. The tyre pressure of all four wheels is monitored by sensors and indicated in the multifunction display of the instrument cluster
• AMG 8-cylinder petrol engine.
- The responsive AMG 5.5-litre V8 twin-turbocharged engine of the Mercedes-AMG G 63 develops a maximum output of 420 kW (544 hp) and maximum torque of 760 Nm from its 5461 cc displacement. No other engine in this output category attains the performance of the new AMG powerplant. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h takes 5.4 seconds with the top speed electronically limited to 210 km/h. Spray-guided direct petrol injection with piezo injectors and twin turbochargers, four valves per cylinder with camshaft adjustment, air-to-water intercooling and the ECO start/stop function blend high efficiency with high output. The result is an engine which reconciles an involving, compelling driving experience with a degree of responsibility which is exceptional in this vehicle class and output category
• AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC
- The AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS 7G-TRONIC automatic transmission features steering-wheel shift paddles and the transmission modes "C" (Controlled Efficiency), "S" (Sport) and "M" (Manual). Short shift times and smooth gear changing enable extremely easy shifting. An automatic double-declutching function during downshifts ensures more dynamic performance and greater handling safety, together with an emotion-packed driving experience
• ECO start/stop function
-The ECO start/stop function automatically switches off the engine when stationary, for example in tailbacks or at traffic lights, lowers fuel consumption and emissions and saves fuel costs. The ECO start/stop function is perfectly integrated into the drive system and responds particularly rapidly. This makes for longer engine standstill phases, and therefore evens more savings. Other advantages include the low noise level and comfortable starting characteristics
• Differential locks
-The three electrically engageable 100% differential locks are a key factor behind the off-road capabilities of the G-Class. Locking all the differentials ensures that the wheels on both axles, as well as each wheel of an axle, have exactly the same rpm. This means that the drive torque is actually directed to those wheels which are able to obtain traction