The reassuring feeling of driving a Mercedes-Benz
We are the first automotive manufacturer worldwide to have developed an integral safety concept, aimed at avoiding accidents, ensuring ideal responses to dangers and lessening the consequences of accidents. For the occupants of a Mercedes and for all other road users, too.
Phase 1: safe driving
The drowsiness detection system ATTENTION ASSIST serves to enhance driving safety, especially on long trips and at night. It monitors the steering behaviour of the driver to recognise typical signs of drowsiness and severe loss of attention, and gives a visual and acoustic warning of impending microsleep.
Phase 2: In an accident
In an accident, the intelligently coordinated restraint systems and the structure of the vehicle’s bodyshell make an effective contribution towards optimum protection for
the vehicle’s occupants. First and foremost the airbags: front airbags for the driver and front passenger each triggered in two stages depending on the registered severity of the impact, sidebags for the driver and front passenger, windowbags between the A- and C-pillars, a kneebag for the driver plus optional sidebags in the rear.
During a collision, the airbags help to protect the head and torso of the driver and front passenger. In addition they stabilize the entire body. This can reduce the risk of severe injuries in an accident. The following airbags can be seen as a standard:
• Sidebags for the driver and front passenger provide more protection during a side impact. It helps to protect the upper body and pelvic area of the driver and front passenger. In addition they stabilise the entire body. This can reduce the risk of severe injuries in an accident.
• Windowbags between the A and C-pillars can protect the head areas of driver, front passenger and occupants in the outer rear seats.
• Knee bag for driver for protection in the knee contact area with the dashboard.
• Driver and front passenger airbag with two-stage activation according to severity of impact.
• Seat occupancy sensor deactivates the airbag on the front passenger side if the seat is not occupied or occupied by a child seat.
- * Some of the media elements and related information visible on this website are sourced from the Mercedes-Benz global media library and may reflect globally available products and optional equipments which may not be a part of the standard specifications. Products available in the Indian market may vary. Mercedes-Benz reserves the right to make changes to the design and specifications
- Please note: This is intended for general information, description and illustration of the Product including optional functions and equipment and may not be specific to a Product since specification of a product may change from time to time. Optional features, functions and equipment etc. may not be present in the Standard or Variant Product or Special Edition Product. Further, Standard specifications of a product may also vary from time to time. Colours may differ from those shown in pictures in the brochure, owing to printing. Mercedes-Benz India reserves the right to make changes, at any point of time, without prior notice, in design, colours, materials, components, equipment, specifications, features, functions, make and models etc. The information given in this brochure shall be regarded as accurate at the time of going to print and may vary thereafter due to any developments or any other reason. Interested parties should confirm with the Authorised Dealer about the correct specification of the product they desire to purchase. For the latest authentic information and updates, kindly contact your nearest Authorised Dealer. All title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and relating to this brochure / magazine or publication material or any copies thereof including but not limited to copyright, logos, names, trademarks, service marks, design, text, images, links, concepts and themes are owned by Daimler AG and/or its subsidiaries collectively or used under authorised license by the Daimler AG. Any reproduction, transmission, publication, performance, broadcast, alteration, license, creation of derivative works or other use in whole or in part in any manner without the prior written consent of the Daimler AG is strictly prohibited.